Posted by Hattie Wilson, Marketing Executive
Congratulations to Claire Jowitt whose book The Culture of Piracy, 1580-1630, has been shortlisted for the European Society for the Study of English Book Award 2012 in the Literatures in the English Language category.
Karen Elaine Smyth, author of Imaginings of Time in Lydgate and Hoccleve’s Verse, has also been shortlisted for this award in the Literatures in the English Language junior scholars group.
We are honoured to have worked with you both on these titles and wish you luck with the final award!
The full shortlist for the LITERATURES IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE section of the ESSE Book Awards 2012 is:
– Eger, Elizabeth. Bluestockings: Women of Reason from Enlightenment to Romanticism (Palgrave)
– Hamill, Faye. Sophistication: A Literary and Cultural History (Liverpool UP)
– Jowitt, Claire. The Culture of Piracy: English Literature and Seaborne Crime (Ashgate)
CATEGORY B (Junior Scholars):
– Fernandes, Ana Raquel Lourenço. What about the Rogue? Survival and Metamorphosis in Contemporary British Literature and Culture (Peter Lang)
– Karshan, Thomas. Vladimir Nabokov and the Art of Play (Oxford UP)
– May, William. Stevie Smith and Authorship (Oxford UP)
– Smith, Michelle J. Girls’ Literature and Culture: Imperial Girls, 1880-1915 (Palgrave)
– Smyth, Karen Elaine. Imaginings of Time in Lydgate and Hoccleve’s Verse (Ashgate)